Dubais Roads & Transport Authority (RTA) is developing or implementing 22 separate Smart City projects across the emirate, according to RTA ITS masterplan and Smart City Mobility Programme director Maher Shirah.
Speaking at MEEDs Smart Cities conference in Dubai on 10 Septembe, Shirah said that the projects included a smart parking pilot project and aSmart City Mobility Programme that aims to increase connectivity, integration, cooperation and information management; shift to a smart government system and establish new traffic management systems.
We have developed a programme that is divided into three tracks, Shirah told the conference. The first track looks after the efficiency of the RTA. The second track is introducing Smart public transportation; smart taxis, smart buses and smart rail. The third track is smart traffic control including smart parking.
Dubais smart city programme involves about 1,000 projects being implemented by Dubai government agencies and corporations.
More from MEED Smart Cities
- Qatar adding fibre into every home
- Abu Dhabi completes smart city study
- Middle East governments must shape smart cities standards
- Jeddah population to double in next six years
- Learn to leave the car at home, says Atkins CEO
- Solar and smart meters promote cleaner energy in Dubai
- Dubai Silicon Oasis aims to build smart city model for the world