A total of 23 firms submit prequalification documents
Twenty-three companies have submitted documents to prequalify for a contract from Omans Special Economic Zone Authority at Duqm (Sezad) for the construction of roads, infrastructure, and buildings at the commercial terminal and operational zone areas at the Duqm port.
The bidders are as follows:
- Target Engineering (UAE)
- Douglas OHI (Local)
- United Golden Construction Company (Local)
- Shapoorji Construction (India)
- Isolux Corsan (Spain)
- Towell Infrastructure Projects (Local)/Taylor Woodrow (UK)
- Al-Habib & Company (Local)
- Standard International Enterprises (UAE)/Consorzio Stabile Coseam (Italy)
- Orascom Construction (Egypt)
- Joannou & Paraskevaides (Cyprus)
- Petrojet (Egypt)
- United Gulf Construction Company (Kuwait)
- Teejan Trading & Contracting (Oman)
- Nagarjuna Construction Company (India)
- Leighton Middle East (Oman)
- Larsen & Toubro (Oman)
- Toto Spa Costruzioni Generali (Spain) / Yuksel (Turkey)
- Galfar Engineering (Oman)
- Hyundai Engineering & Construction (South Korea)
- Arabian Supplies & Contracting (Oman)
- Sinohydo Corporation (China)
- Sarooj Construction Company (Local)
- Hasan Juma Backer Trading and Contracting Company (Local)
Sezad recently extended the bid deadline for the main building works for the new airport being built in the economic zone. Bidders now have until 16 February instead of 19 January.
The scope of work on the projects third phase includes the construction of the passenger and cargo terminals, air traffic control complex and related support facility buildings, ensuring the airport is fully functional and ready to use. The tender is open to local grade one and above contractors, as well as international contractors.
The third phase of the airport development was put on hold in the first quarter of 2012 for undisclosed reasons.
In November, the local Renaissance Services issued a design and construction tender for the construction of a new RO80m ($207.8m) workers village at the economic zone.
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.