Prequalification closes on 13 January
The Metro Jeddah Company (MJC) is seeking companies to supply rolling stock, train control and signalling system for its planned metro project.
Interested firms have been invited to submit expressions of interest (EoI) by 17 December, with prequalification to close by 13 January.
The scope of the systems package includes:
- Rolling stock for the metro
- Electric power supply for traction and non-traction (energy)
- Train control (signalling)
- Platform screen doors
- Telecommunication systems, including fire detection and access control, referred to as telecommunications
- Third party telecommunications systems
- ICC and OCC (operations control system), including large screen displays, buildings and ergonomics
- SCADA system for monitoring and control
- Maintenance management system
- The tunnel ventilation system
- Initial operations and maintenance of the network (3-5 years)
- Track work for the metro
- Depot buildings and depot equipment
The MJC has confirmed receiving EoIs for the civil works of the metro in September, and it is understood that the agency has begun prequalifying contractors who will then bid for the civils contract.
The main contracts for the three separate packages of the metro project are due for award in 2016, with the completion date for phase 1 of the Green, Orange and Blue lines set for 2020, and the Red line for 2022.
The metro network will feature four lines, whose phase 1 will include 113 kilometres of elevated double track, 44km of tunnel, 83 stations and five depots.
The civil works for Phase 1 of each line include:
- Red line: 24 stations, 15km tunnel, 45km elevated double track
- Blue line: 18 stations, 7km tunnel, 27km elevated double track
- Green line: 12 stations, 14km tunnel, 4km elevated double track
- Orange line: 29 stations, 8km tunnel, 37km elevated double track
In addition, five depots will be constructed for the initial phase of the metro.
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.