Kuwait University (KU) has extended the bid deadline for two contracts to build service tunnels at the estimated $3bn Sabah al-Salem Campus until 26 October.
The latest extension puts the bid deadline over five months later than the original submission date of 30 May. It is believed that the extension has been granted at the request of bidders to allow them more time to work on technical submissions.
The latest extension puts the bid deadline over five months later than the original submission date
One contract involves building a service tunnel at the east side of the campus and the other is for the construction of a tunnel at the west side.
At least nine local contractors have prequalified for both contracts. They are:
- Mohammed Abdulmoshin al-Kharafi & Sons
- Al-Ahmadiah Contracting & Trading Company
- Arab Kuwait Contractors Company
- Kuwait Scientific Building Company
- Al-Tasheed Compact Company
- United Gulf Tasheed Company
- First Kuwaiti Trading & Contracting Company
- Combined Group Contracting Company
- Alghanim International General Trading & Contracting Company
The project is one of several that are currently being tendered for the new Sabah al-Salem campus, which will be located at Shadadiyah, 20km west of Kuwait City.
The university is also currently tendering a contract to build a faculty of arts and a faculty of education at the new campus. The institution has prequalified 26 consortiums for the project and has set a submission date of 24 October (MEED 15:10:10)