Kuwait University contract covers building and operation work
Kuwait University has invited contractors to submit bids by 28 October for a deal to construct, operate and maintain facilities at the Al-Salem University Campus.
The work includes male and female accommodation buildings, administrative staff club, and teaching buildings.
The groups prequalified to bid for the contract are:
- Posco Engineering & Construction (South Korea)/Sayed Hameed Behbehani & Sons Company (local)
- Arabian Construction Company (ACC) (Lebanon)/Amana United General Trading & Contracting Company (Company)
- Larsen & Toubro (India)
- Metallurgical Corporation of China (China)/Khaled Ali al-Kharafi & Brothers Construction Contracting Company (local)
- China State Construction Engineering Group (China)/Kharafi National (local)
- SK Engineering & Construction Company (South Korea)/Ahmadiah Contracting & Trading Company (local)
- Shapoorji Pallonji (India)/Al-Sagar General Trading & Contracting Company (local)
- Samsung C&T (South Korea)/Khaled & Khaled General Trading & Contracting Company (local)
- Arabtec Construction (UAE)/Combined Group Contracting Company (local)
- Al-Jaber Group (UAE)/Drake & Scull International (UAE)
- Murray & Roberts (South Africa)/Orascom Construction Industries (Egypt)/Burhan International Construction (local)
- Daewoo Engineering & Construction (South Korea)/Gulf Environment General Trading & Contracting Company (local)
- FCC Construction (Spain)/Al-Mabani United Company (local)
- Hyundai Development Company (South Korea)/Al-Alamiya Buildings Company (local)
- Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC) (Athens-based)
- Al-Habtoor Leighton Group (UAE/Australia)/Alghanim International General Trading & Contracting Company
- Sinohydro Corporation (China)/Al-Hani Construction & Trading Company
- SEG (Qatar)/Al-Amar Engineering Roads & Buildings Contracting Company (local)
- Mapa (Turkey)/China Railway 2 (China)/Al-Mulla Building & Construction Company
- Nurol Construction & Trading Company (Turkey)/Al Munawar Trading & Contracting Establishment (local)
- Alsim Alarko (Turkey)/Bosforce (Turkey/local)
A pre-tender meeting will be held on 21 September.
The campus is being developed to gather all the universitys faculties, which are spread across the capital, on to one site. The campus will be co-educational and able to accommodate up to 30,000 students. It will have more than 25 faculty buildings, as well as a 600-bed hospital for the medical faculty.
In January this year, Indias Shapoorji Pallonji submitted the lowest bid low for a construction contract covering the construction of the colleges of social sciences, law and Islamic studies. The work also includes associated buildings, such as a food court, prayer hall, libraries and a car park.
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.