> PROJECT LAUNCHES: The acceleration in the market is reflected by the rapid increase in announced projects. In the first quarter of 2022, there was the equivalent of one new project announced a week.
> ACTIVE PROJECTS: While hydrogen is fast emerging as Mena states seek to take advantage of cheap solar energy and enhance their position as global energy exporters, only two projects so far are under construction (Ain Sokhna pilot and Neom).
> FORECAST DEMAND: Thanks to factors such as net-zero targets, diversity and security of supply, and increasing gas prices, demand for hydrogen is expected to increase dramatically. As more production comes onstream and technology improves, the average cost of green hydrogen is forecast to decrease to about $2 a kilo in 2030 from $5 today.
Topics covered in the presentation:
1. Summary of the Middle East and Africa hydrogen projects market
2. Description of each hydrogen project, including major programme elements
3. Project capex value and output volume analysis
4. Blue, green and grey hydrogen production analysis
5. Long-term capital expenditure outlays and forecasts
6. Progress on hydrogen projects
7. Identification of top countries and clients
8. Key drivers and challenges going forward
9. Renewable energy demand assessment
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.