Kuwait’s Electricity & Water Ministry has adjusted the bid price from the local Combined Group Contracting Company to construct five water pipelines from its Mina Abdullah water complex following the correction of an arithmetic error.
The successful bidder will build five pipelines with a diameter of 1.6 metres to transfer water from the Mina Abdulla 2 water complex to West Funaitees (MEED 30:5:10).
The following local companies submitted bids in May:
- Combined Group Contracting Company – KD38m, now KD37.79m
- KCC Engineering and Contracting Company – KD44m
- Al-Ahmadiah Contracting Company – KD47m
- Canar Trading & Contracting Company – KD50m
- United Gulf Construction Company – KD52m ($180m)
The Electricity & Water Ministry originally issued the tender to 12 prequalifed companies in March last year with a closing date of 14 April 2009. Bids were opened on 18 May after the deadline for bids to build the project were delayed several times (MEED 21:12:09).
Kuwait’s water supply system is undergoing a major improvement works. In addition to the Mina Abdullah complex, a freshwater complex is also being built at Al-Zour.