The firms understood to have submitted a bid for the contract include:
- Al-Sraiya Group (local)/Tadmur Contracting (local)
- Al-Darwish Engineering (local)
- Bahadir Construction Engineering (local)
- China Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC) (China)/Al-Bandary Engineering (local)
- Harinsa Contracting (local)
- HBK Contracting (local)
- Midmac Contracting (local)
- Qatar Building Company (local)
- Redco Almana (local)
- Sinohydro (China)
The scope of work includes the construction of up to 169 buildings, landscaping services, fit out and other associated facilities.
The scheme was originally structured as three separate packages by the New Port Project (NPP) Tender Committee.
MEED reported in October 2015 that bids for the first package, comprising 53 buildings, were under evaluation.
The second package comprises 98 buildings, with the third package containing 12 buildings, including sports and medical facilities for the state’s naval force.
MEED understands the three projects have since been merged. The Defence Ministry has assumed responsibility for the procurement and delivery of the project.
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.