- A total of 163 buildings to be constructed
- Eighteen groups prequalified for the first package
Qatars New Port Project (NPP) Tender Committee is still evaluating bids for the first package of the infrastructure and buildings for the Qatar Emiri Naval Forces Base (QENFB) at the new Hamad Port. The first of the three packages was due for award in the third quarter of 2015, with the two remaining packages due for award before end of the year.
The NPP would not disclose reasons for the delay other than stating that the bids for all three packages are still currently under evaluation.
It would not also specify a new target date for awarding the projects.
The first package comprises the construction of 53 buildings and associated facilities; the second package comprises 98 buildings, and the last comprises 12 buildings, including sports and medical facilities for the states naval force.
Eighteen groups,mostly local firms, have been prequalified for the first package. They include:
- Al-Darwish Engineering / Aktor (Greece)
- Al-Huda Engineering Works
- Al-Sraiya Trading and Contracting
- Al-Jaber & Partners
- Butec Qatar
- Construction Development Company
- Galfar al-Misnad Engineering
- Hamad bin Khalid (HBK) Contracting/Yuksel (Turkey)
- Imperial Trading & Contracting
- Lotus Trading / Gannon Dunkerley (India) / Al-Tawfeeq & Partners
- Marbu Contracting
- Qatar Building /MSF Engenharia (Portugal)
- Ramco Trading & Contracting / Redco Construction Al-Mana
- Tadmur Contracting & Trading
- Teyseer Contracting Company / Consolidated Contractors Group (Offshore) (CCC) (Athens-based)
- United Construction / Sinohydro (China) / Redco
- UrbaConTrading & Contracting/QACC
The prequalified contractors for the second and final packages have not been disclosed.