Oryx GTL extends engineering bid deadline

13 October 2020
The Qatari gas-to-liquids producer issued the tender for a framework agreement covering provision of engineering consultancy and support services

Oryx GTL has extended until 28 October the bid submission deadline for firms bidding for a framework agreement covering provision of engineering consultancy and support services.

MEED previously reported that Oryx GTL issued the tender for the engineering framework agreement on 17 September, and gave engineering firms until 14 October to submit bids.

MEED also reported that Oryx GTL held a virtual job-explanation meeting on 27 September with bidding firms. Among the attendees were Canadian contractor SNC-Lavalin, Australia’s Worley and France’s TechnipFMC, sources previously said.

“During the meeting, officials from Oryx GTL provided an overview of the framework agreement, explained the scope of work, and took questions from firms in attendance,” a source had said.

The duration of the framework agreement is three years, with an extendable option of two years available.

The contract calls on the engineering consultant to prepare and deliver design packages and scope of services for Oryx GTL’s engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) projects from time to time on a call-off basis.

Kentz, a subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin, had been providing engineering services to the operator as part of a five-year framework agreement, which was awarded in July 2016.

“Oryx GTL is looking to renew the framework deal for engineering work, which is why this tender has been issued,” a source earlier told MEED.

Oryx GTL has the capacity to produce 34,000 barrels a day (b/d) of gas-to-liquids (GTL). It is the Middle East’s first GTL plant, and has been operating since 2006.

The Oryx GTL plant uses natural gas treated at Ras Laffan Industrial City and converts it into low-sulphur diesel, naphtha and liquefied petroleum gas.

Qatar Petroleum (QP) holds the majority share of 51 per cent in Oryx GTL. South Africa's Sasol holds the remaining 49 per cent.

A MEED Subscription...

Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.

Get Notifications