The first of the three packages was due for award in the third quarter of 2015, with the two remaining packages due for award before end of that year.
In October 2015, a source from NPP told MEED they were still evaluating the offers and that they have not set a new target date for award.
No new developments about the projects have been reported over the past year, although the companys website still specifies the second quarter of 2016 as the award date.
A source familiar with the schemes told MEED no new target dates for the potential revival or award of these projects have been decided.
The first package comprises the construction of 53 buildings and associated facilities; the second package comprises 98 buildings, and the last comprises 12 buildings, including sports and medical facilities for the states naval force.
The three packages have an estimated budget of $2.5bn, according regional projects tracker database MEED Projects.
In 2015, 18 groups, mostly local firms, were prequalified for the first package. They included:
- Al-Darwish Engineering / Aktor (Greece)
- Al-Huda Engineering Works
- Al-Sraiya Trading and Contracting
- Al-Jaber & Partners
- Butec Qatar
- Construction Development Company
- Galfar al-Misnad Engineering
- Hamad bin Khalid (HBK) Contracting/Yuksel (Turkey)
- Imperial Trading & Contracting
- Lotus Trading / Gannon Dunkerley (India) / Al-Tawfeeq & Partners
- Marbu Contracting
- Qatar Building /MSF Engenharia (Portugal)
- Ramco Trading & Contracting / Redco Construction Al-Mana
- Tadmur Contracting & Trading
- Teyseer Contracting Company / Consolidated Contractors Group (Offshore) (CCC) (Lebanon)
- United Construction / Sinohydro (China) / Redco
- UrbaConTrading & Contracting/QACC
The prequalified contractors for the second and final packages were not disclosed.