- Owner Iran Power Development Company
- Location Iran
- Status Execution
- Classification Oil/Gas Power Plant, Power Generation
- Contract ($m) $1,500m
- Contract Type Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
- Main Contract Completion Q2 2013
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
Iran wants to add more than 3,000MW of gas-fired power generation capacity to its national network.
The simple cycle gas-fired plants will eventually be converted to combined-cycle facilities. Iran Power Development Company is building seven gas-fired power plants, all of will eventually be converted to combined-cycle facilities, at Zanjan, Hormozgan, Mahshahr, Semnan, Islam-Abade Gharb, Oromiyeh and Iranshahr.
Steam turbines will be added to convert the plants into combined-cycle facilities. The steam turbines will have a total capacity of 6,000MW, bringing the total capacity of the new plants to 9,180MW.
- Combustion gas turbine generators
- Heat recovery steam generators
- 20 159MW gas turbines
- Steam turbines (6,000 MW)