- Owner Iran Power Development Company
- Location Iran
- Status Execution
- Classification Oil/Gas Power Plant, Power Generation
- Contract ($m) $1,500m
- Contract Type Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
- Main Contract Completion Q2 2013
- Contact the project owner (MEED Projects subscribers only)
Iran wants to add more than 3,000MW of gas-fired power generation capacity to its national network.
The simple cycle gas-fired plants will eventually be converted to combined-cycle facilities. Iran Power Development Company is building seven gas-fired power plants, all of will eventually be converted to combined-cycle facilities, at Zanjan, Hormozgan, Mahshahr, Semnan, Islam-Abade Gharb, Oromiyeh and Iranshahr.
Steam turbines will be added to convert the plants into combined-cycle facilities. The steam turbines will have a total capacity of 6,000MW, bringing the total capacity of the new plants to 9,180MW.
- Combustion gas turbine generators
- Heat recovery steam generators
- 20 159MW gas turbines
- Steam turbines (6,000 MW)
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.