Abu Dhabi is planning to upgrade and expand a number of ports throughout the emirate, MEEDs Abu Dhabi Conference 2013 was told on 9 December.
Speaking at the MEED event on 9 December, Waleed al-Tamimi, vice president for Asset management, Abu Dhabi Ports Company (ADPC), revealed details of the emirates port expansion plans.
The first of these is the Delma port, for which ADPC is expecting to award the contract in early 2014 for the contract to expand and upgrade the port. The ports company is also planning to hire a consultant in March 2014 for expanding the Sila Port, with further development planned to start in June 2014.
For the Mugharag Port, ADPC is planning to hire a consultant in early 2014 to develop a new masterplan for further development of the port.
More from MEEDs Abu Dhabi Conference
- Etihad Rail plans to tender phase 3 in second half of 2014
- Etihad Rail to award phase 2 before second quarter of 2014
- Adma-Opco aims for 1 million production target in 2018
- Abu Dhabi to double oil rig count over two years
- Abu Dhabi airport looking to record passenger traffic of 16 million in 2013
- Passenger numbers at Abu Dhabi airport to more than double by 2020
- Abu Dhabis Zonescorp plans further major expansions
- Next year to be Abu Dhabis year of industry
- Abu Dhabi increases focus on farming
- Abu Dhabi seeks to promote energy efficiency
- Abu Dhabi expands street signage programme with smart codes