Abu Dhabis Higher Corporation for Specialised Economic Zones (ZonesCorp) is developing further major industrial estates, the MEED Abu Dhabi 2013 conference was told on 9 December.
Plans call for the development of the 16 square-kilometre (sq km) Industrial City of Abu Dhabi (ICAD) estate 4; a 20 sq-km industrial estate in Ruwais in the Western Region and a 3.5 sq-km estate in Madinat Zayed, also in the Western Region, said Zonescorps chief executive officer (CEO) Mohamed al-Qemzi. The final details of the ICAD 4 masterplan are being completed.
Zonescorp is continuing to develop its foreign worker housing complexes. The objective is to build 19 residential areas with a total of 315,000 beds, said Al-Qemzi.
ZonesCorp was created by the Abu Dhabi government in 2004, and is the the largest operator of purpose-built industrial zones in the UAE.
More from MEEDs Abu Dhabi Conference
- Etihad Rail plans to tender phase 3 in second half of 2014
- Abu Dhabi plans port expansion schemes
- Etihad Rail to award phase 2 before second quarter of 2014
- Adma-Opco aims for 1 million production target in 2018
- Abu Dhabi to double oil rig count over two years
- Abu Dhabi airport looking to record passenger traffic of 16 million in 2013
- Passenger numbers at Abu Dhabi airport to more than double by 2020
- Next year to be Abu Dhabis year of industry
- Abu Dhabi increases focus on farming
- Abu Dhabi seeks to promote energy efficiency
- Abu Dhabi expands street signage programme with smart codes