Plans include projects in Ruwais and Madinat Zayed
Abu Dhabis Higher Corporation for Specialised Economic Zones (ZonesCorp) is developing further major industrial estates, the MEED Abu Dhabi 2013 conference was told on 9 December.
Plans call for the development of the 16 square-kilometre (sq km) Industrial City of Abu Dhabi (ICAD) estate 4; a 20 sq-km industrial estate in Ruwais in the Western Region and a 3.5 sq-km estate in Madinat Zayed, also in the Western Region, said Zonescorps chief executive officer (CEO) Mohamed al-Qemzi. The final details of the ICAD 4 masterplan are being completed.
Zonescorp is continuing to develop its foreign worker housing complexes. The objective is to build 19 residential areas with a total of 315,000 beds, said Al-Qemzi.
ZonesCorp was created by the Abu Dhabi government in 2004, and is the the largest operator of purpose-built industrial zones in the UAE.
More from MEEDs Abu Dhabi Conference
- Etihad Rail plans to tender phase 3 in second half of 2014
- Abu Dhabi plans port expansion schemes
- Etihad Rail to award phase 2 before second quarter of 2014
- Adma-Opco aims for 1 million production target in 2018
- Abu Dhabi to double oil rig count over two years
- Abu Dhabi airport looking to record passenger traffic of 16 million in 2013
- Passenger numbers at Abu Dhabi airport to more than double by 2020
- Next year to be Abu Dhabis year of industry
- Abu Dhabi increases focus on farming
- Abu Dhabi seeks to promote energy efficiency
- Abu Dhabi expands street signage programme with smart codes
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.