The work covers the construction of up to 169 buildings, landscaping services, fit out and other associated facilities.
“The contract has already been signed,” a GET spokesperson told MEED on 7 November.
The New Port Project (NPP) Tender Committee originally structured the scheme into three separate packages.
In addition to GET, firms understood to have submitted a bid for the contract include:
- Al-Sraiya Group (local) / Tadmur Contracting (local)
- Al-Darwish Engineering (local)
- Bahadir Construction Engineering (local)
- China Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC) (China) / Al-Bandary Engineering (local)
- Harinsa Contracting (local)
- HBK Contracting (local)
- Midmac Contracting (local)
- Qatar Building Company (local)
- Redco Almana (local)
- Sinohydro (China)
GET worked on the Qatari Coast Guard land base in Daayen as well as the construction of a quay wall, pontoons and fuel station at the 52-hectare Coast Guard base in Qatar.
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.