Submissions due in October
Kuwaits Public Works Ministry (MPW) has invited nine engineering consultants to bid for a contract to review the design and supervise the construction of the Fifth Ring Road segment that extends between Ghazzali Road and Mohammed bin Qasim Street.
The firms that have been invited to submit technical and financial proposals include:
- Dar International Engineering Consultants (Al-Dowailah) (local)
- KEO International Consultants (UAE)
- Pan Arab Consulting Engineers (Pace) (local)
- SSH Engineering Consultant (local)
- Osama Bukhamseen Engineering Consultants (local)
- Gulf Consult (local)
- Kuwait Technical Consulting Bureau (local)
- Kuwait Engineering Group (local)
The last day for the submission of proposals is on 6 October.
The contract for the design and construction of the road was tendered in June, with submissions to close by 4 September.
Eleven firms, all based in Kuwait, were prequalified for the road design and construction work. They are:
- United Gulf Construction
- Al-Ahmadiah Contracting & Trading
- Alghanim International General Trading & Contracting
- Consolidated Contractors Company (Kuwait/Athens-headquartered)
- International Buildings
- Combined Group Contracting Company
- Arab Kuwait Contractors
- Copri Construction Projects
- Sai General Trading & Contracting
- Mohammed Abdulmohsin Al-Kharafi and Sons
- KCC Engineering & Contracting
The project scope includes the design, construction, completion and maintenance of roads, bridges and associated utilities, sanitary and rainwater sewerage and other associated services.
Kuwait awarded an estimated $1.85bn-worth of road contracts between January and July 2016, exceeding the total value of contracts it awarded for the full year 2015.
The $956m infrastructure package for the South Al-Mutlaa City is the largest contract awarded so far this year.
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.