Event Date: 24 February 2021
The past 12 months have again shown the volatility and changing nature of oil and gas demands. Disrupted global supply chains highlight the need for localised, reliable energy solutions. But what does it mean to transform one of the world’s largest, most established oil-focused energy regions for the low-carbon future? While oil remains one of the pillars of the economy, ambitious strategies are needed to revolutionise the industry and set us up for a future in the green world.
Future Energy & Decarbonisation will push the boundaries of the norm when it comes to renewable energy. From true green generation to 4IR tech, renewable investment to carbon capture, this is the event to lay out the pathway to 2030 and beyond.
Among the confirmed speakers are:
- Bruce Smith, forecasting and planning director, Emirates Water & Electricity Company
- Tim Polega, chief operating officer, Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures
- Dr Roland Roesch, deputy director, Irena Innovation & Technology Centre, Irena International Renewable Energy Agency
- Taher Diab, senior director, strategy & planning / secretary-general of Emirates Energy Award, Dubai Supreme Council of Energy
- Ahmed Samir Elbermbali, managing director, Clean Energy Business Council
- Frank Wouters, director, EU GCC Clean Energy Network
- Bart Cornelissen, partner – energy, resources & industrials leader, Deloitte
- Dr Steve Griffiths, senior vice-president, research and development, professor of practice, Khalifa University
- Sandeep Yadav, head of energy, research and analysis, GlobalData
Among the key discussion points:
- Decarbonising big industry
- Developing the hydrogen market in the Middle East
- IoT in the future energy mix
- Mitigating risk when moving into the new energy world
- Blockchain and increased energy security
- Energy storage taking the spotlight
- The outlook for cleantech investment – future energy finance
- Navigating policy and regulation to drive green energy growth
- Efficient and effective expansion of solar capacity to meet growing electricity demand
- Policy and investment barriers to commercialisation of carbon capture and storage
- Infrastructure/integration upgrade needed for seamless upscaling renewable energy
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.