Type of Summit: Virtual
Event Date: 24 March 2021
Prior to 2020, oil and gas companies were battling one major challenge: demand and price shocks. To this has now been added the global pandemic, which has again highlighted how technologies are now even more essential and influential in enhancing organisational capabilities.
For those forward-thinking O&G companies looking to explore the leverage new tech can bring, Future Oil & Gas Tech focuses on the tech trends that have started to, or will, make an impact in the near future. Digitisation, automation, cyber-security and asset integrity are just some of the critical tech issues we will be delving into.
The oil and gas industry has only scratched the surface when it comes to data’s potential. While most have invested in new technology and techniques, these investments are not being used to do new things. There is great opportunity to multiply the value of data into big gains in efficiency, productivity and cost savings.
- Improving business efficiency
- Predictive maintenance
- Secure, scalable and reliable data management
- Optimised data use across global oil field operations
Panel discussion – digital transformation
Digital technology has more than proven itself to help across the industry, especially during recent tough times, but we should be considering what could or should happen next. Are organisations culturally ready for full transformation, and which technologies are going to make the next big impact?
- Winning strategies – how to encourage and foster digital transformation within oil and gas
- Digital twins – where can oil and gas bridge the gap between digital and physical?
- Connectivity, IoT and machine learning
- Where and how will digital transformation and automation affect asset integrity management?
- Integrating digital transformation and front-end engineering and design
Cybersecurity – for future and legacy systems
As digitisation and tech investment have accelerated recently in light of recent price collapses, the need for even greater cybersecurity measures has never been higher. Not only are the measures required to protect critical information and infrastructure, but also to mitigate against all the new risks that come with new technologies.
- Minimising risks while transforming through digitisation
- The changing threat landscape in oil and gas
- What to prioritise first, and how to remain agile
You might also like...
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.