Type of Summit: Virtual
Event Date: 24 March 2021
Prior to 2020, oil and gas companies were battling one major challenge: demand and price shocks. To this has now been added the global pandemic, which has again highlighted how technologies are now even more essential and influential in enhancing organisational capabilities.
For those forward-thinking O&G companies looking to explore the leverage new tech can bring, Future Oil & Gas Tech focuses on the tech trends that have started to, or will, make an impact in the near future. Digitisation, automation, cybersecurity and asset integrity are just come of the critical tech issues we will be delving in to.
Cybersecurity – for future and legacy systems
As digitisation and tech investment have accelerated recently in light of recent price collapses, the need for even greater cybersecurity measures has never been higher. Not only are the measures required to protect critical information and infrastructure, but also to mitigate against all the new risks that come with new technologies.
- Minimising risks while transforming through digitisation
- The changing threat landscape in oil and gas
- What to prioritise first and how to remain agile
Human experience platforms
Our industry is navigating arguably the most challenging environment to date thanks to tightening margins, unpredictable demand, price volatility and eroding public trust. But with the quickening pace of AI and its applications, oil and gas companies are starting to do more with less. There are numerous barriers to overcome to realise its full potential, however.
- How a succesfful strategy will enable AI to tackle both short and long-term challenges
- AI in data exploration and consolidation
- Intelligent automation
- Translating human experience into shared knowledge
Translating human experience into shared knowledge
- Enhancing oil and gas E&P efficiencies with the correct tech investment
- Transforming efficiency into competitiveness
- How, when and where? The challenge of implementing and integrating cutting-edge technologies
Asset integrity – is now the time to digitise?
- How does digitisation and automation affect asset integrity management?
- Can a ‘no-touch’ approach be adopted within oil and gas?
- Where can tech negate the risk of aging assets?
The oil and gas industry has only scratched the surface when it comes to data’s potential. While most have invested in new technology and techniques, these investments are not being used to do new things. There is great opportunity to multiply the value of data into big gains in efficiency, productivity and cost savings.
- Improving business efficiency
- Predictive maintenance
- Secure, scalable and reliable data management
- Optimised use of data across global oil field operations
Digital technology has more than proven itself to help across the industry, especially during recent tough times, but we should be considering what could or should happen next. Are organisations culturally ready for full transformation, and which technologies are going to make the next big impact?
- Winning strategies – How to encourage and foster digital transformation within oil and gas
- Digital twins – where can oil and gas bridge the gap between digital and physical?
- Connectivity, IoT and machine learning
- Where and how will digital transformation and automation affect asset integrity management?
- Integrating digital transformation and front-end engineering and design
Trust and ethics – how best to embrace new technology
- Reevaluating how products and services build trust, and where new tech can help
- Disruptive technologies represent an opportunity to gain or lose stakeholder trust
- Can we transform flaring into money and power?
- Future of flaring technologies
- Flare capture
- New alloys, recycled resources
Potential roundtable discussion topics
- E&P tech
- Data and analytics applications
- Blockchain and open source
- Asset integrity management
- Driving profitability through increased tech investment
- Flare management
- Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT)
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.